I can’t believe it is nearly November. This year has gone by so quickly.
I made the decision earlier this year to change my NaNoWriMo user name. Unfortunately, the only way to do that is to delete your account and set up a new one, so that is what I have done.
I am apparently rather hard to find at the moment under my new name of L M Brown, but you can get to my page here if you want to add me as a buddy.
Now I just need to sort out what I am going to work on during the month of madness.
With so many new and re-releases coming out from me at the moment I was minded to do a short story instead of a full length novel. I have plenty of those to work on including the third and fourth fairy tale world stories.
But I don’t like the idea of doing a short story when I know that I can do longer stories even amidst a lot of other stuff going off. In April I did an 80k story for Camp NaNo at the same time as Silver Publisher was imploding spectacularly. In previous Novembers I have been able to get the word count of 50k fairly easily when I put the effort in.
That being said, I am not sure I can do an 80k story (which would be the third merman book) with everything else I have going off this coming November.
At the moment there are several things in my to do list including:-
- Edits on Between Life & Death (did the first round this last weekend but have a lot more to come).
- New release on 31 October of Between Heaven & Hell.
- Early download of Between Good & Evil on 31 October.
- One Perfect Wish goes up for pre-order on 21 November.
- New release on 28 November of Between Good & Evil.
- There are also a lot of blog posts and appearances to sort out.
- I have my Cruise story to finish for an anthology by the end of November.
- I also have a short (thankfully) fan fiction story to be done by the 21st November for a fic exchange I hate to miss even though I am mostly gone from fandom.
- And on top of that, my second merman book is still being self-edited prior to submission to Totally Bound and I want it there by the end of the year.
So, I have taken the decision to take the middle road when it comes to NaNoWriMo 2014. I will not be doing the third merman story. I will probably make that my April 2015 project.
Nor do I wish to do either of the short stories. I am hoping to get them done between January and March.
Instead a couple of familiar voices have been whispering in my ear, telling me that their story isn’t over yet. Zak and Sam from My Boyfriend’s an Alien are about to have their lives turned upside down.
Of course, this now leaves me with just a few days before November to plot out a story that I have only the vaguest notion of where it is going to go.
I think this is going to be the first year where I well and truly am pantsing!
I will be charting my progress here on my blog (though it is not likely to be daily updates at all) and hopefully sharing a few snippets from the story throughout the month.
Good luck to all NaNoWriMo participants!