It is that time of the month again – where I have to see how productive I have been and whether I have met my self-imposed goals. So, what did I set out to do in March?
1. Another 10,000 words for Dangerous Waters.
I did manage to scrape another 10,000 words together for this story, but it is still far from finished and it is not coming together the way I want it to at all.
2. Potions and Prisons to be pre-sub edited and sent into the publisher.
The pre-edits were done, the story submitted and contracts signed. It is now in the system to be released this summer. That can be marked as a definite success.
3. Post a minimum of one flash fiction installment.
Well, I did manage to get one flash fiction installment written, but it won’t go live until tomorrow. That counts, right?
4. One themed blog post.
Once again, this has been a bit of a non-starter. I wish I could say I had a really good reason, but unfortunately I just can’t seem to get any good ideas for these.
5. One Sunday Snog or Tease Me Thursday.
I managed to join in with one Sunday Snog together with one Paranormal Love Blog Hop post. Again, I am counting this as a success.
6. Choose which story to write for Camp NaNoWriMo in April and get it all nicely noted, ready to start next month. .
The story chosen is Destiny & Dragons, the third fairy tale story and it is all ready to go tomorrow.
And there you have it – mostly success, but I could certainly do better, especially with the blog posts.
On the plus side, I did manage to get a brand new story written (first draft at least) in March. It was supposed to be a short story, but ended up at nearly 30,000 words. Doing that helps to make up a little for the stalling on Dangerous Waves.
And now my goals for April.
1. Camp NaNoWriMo – Obviously writing Destiny & Dragons a novella of between 20,000 and 25,000 words is going to be a priority this month.
2. Write a minimum of one flash fiction installment.
3. Join in with one Sunday Snog or one Paranormal Wednesday Blog Hop event.
4. Write another 10,000 of Dangerous Waves bringing the WIP to 60,000. Again, finishing it off would be better, but keeping going is good enough for the moment.
5. It is unlikely that the themed posts will be happening this month, but I am going to try to post at least a couple of updates on my NaNo project during the month. I may also try to do some Scrivener posts for the month too.
Onwards and upwards… or rather, get my head down and get cracking!